Is Black Friday even a thing anymore?! Basically all of the sales are already happening! Fine by me, though. Black Friday is one of the best times to shop and save on Christmas gifts, wardrobe staples, wish list items and more! With so many sales, it’s important to be very careful and vigilant about what you purchase. One of my shopping hacks is to narrow down the top things to buy on Black Friday and shop primarily for those items. Shop with a plan to avoid overwhelm or impulse purchases!
Here’s my list of the top things to buy on Black Friday or the general categories you should aim to shop first. This way you save where you need to and don’t just buy the best bargain!
Things to Buy on Black Friday
Many moons ago, I made one of the best Black Friday winter coat scores EVER. It’s a gorgeous gray wool wrap coat that I still have and wear today! So that’s why I say that Black Friday is an amazing chance to save on something you could be wearing for season after season.
Wrap Coat (up to 25% off with code MORE19)
Puffer Jacket (up to 25% off with code MORE19)
Sweater Coat: Sleek and easy to wear whenever, with everything and when it’s not too cold and you need a light layer. (up to 25% off with code MORE19)
Sherpa Coat: I own this coat and absolutely adore it. It is SO warm and easy to wear for lots of different temps and occasions. I had tried so many different teddy coats and always looked like a michelin man. Not with this coat! I also have my eye on this style as well for a different color and cut! (30% off with code GIFTWELL)
Just the right sweater goes a long way in your closet. For crazy good deals on brands like Vince or on cashmere, I always look to Neiman Marcus Last Call (extra 40 – 80% off everything).
- Shop Vince sweaters here. Vince runs pretty big; with other brands I’ll size up to a medium for more length in the torso but size down one to two sizes with Vince. But if you’re wanting an oversized fit, go true to size or up a size – I went with a medium in this Vince V-neck!
- Shop NM cashmere here. I love this crewneck sweater, turtleneck sweater and v-neck sweater for classic, everyday cashmere basics.
My other go-to for affordable, trendier sweaters is H&M! The entire site is 30% off right now for Black Friday – no code required, just shop!
(20% off with code SELFCCE): When it comes to over-the-knee boots, Stuart Weitzman really does it best. I’ve tried so many different brands for OTK boots and the fit and quality just never held a candle to Stuart. These would make an amazing present to yourself or to someone that has boots on their list this year. Your cost-per-wear is unreal with these, and I can guarantee you that you’ll get your money’s worth. These boots are rarely on sale and available – so hurry! I have this pair that I’ve worn nonstop every fall/winter season since I got them. And this pair is one of the most iconic styles!
Booties are always a good idea 🙂 Over the years, I’ve found that the following brands consistently make the best booties that are high-quality, well-made and durable. I’ve worn boots from these brands season after season, so I’m jumping at the chance to shop these on sale!
- J.Crew (especially this pair I’ve LOVED this year)
- Dolce Vita (extra 25% off sale prices with code TREATYOURSELF)
- Joie (30% off sitewide with code THANKS30) – my all-time most fave heeled booties are from Joie, the only bootie I can wear with a bare leg. The style is so flattering!
Wish List/Big Ticket Items to Buy on Black Friday
LASER HAIR REMOVAL
I can’t rave enough about the results of laser hair removal. I’ve had the great opportunity to work with Evanesque Med Spa and have been blown away at how quickly you can see the results of laser. This would make an amazing gift for yourself or for someone on your list. It is such a worthy investment, and the benefit is never having to shave again! Take a look at Evanesque’s specials right now here. If you decide to go in, say you follow/read Never Without Lipstick and they’ll give you an additional discount on any of the specials and a discount on all services!
GOLDEN GOOSE SNEAKERS
There is a massive sale on so many styles of Golden Goose on SSENSE this year! I have my eye on this pair or this pair for my Christmas list. There are still lots of styles available in most sizes, but I would move quickly if you see something you love. I never wear any of my other pairs of sneakers now that I have a pair of Golden Goose; the hype is real, if I do say so myself. They’re comfy, require no breaking in, feel supportive throughout a long day of walking and go with anything from airport athleisure to your favorite dress.
I have been blown away by the sales and discounts on designer bags by Saint Laurent, Givenchy, Chloe and Prada. If you’ve been saving up or have had your eye on a bag this year, then now would be a really good time to make your move. These items don’t go on sale that frequently and when they do they sell out pretty quickly! When you can get up to 40% off of a designer handbag, then you know it should make it onto your list of your top things to buy on Black Friday.
- Prada Crossbody (20% off with code SELFCCE): This is a lot of bag for an amazing price after the discount! A wear-with-anything color, style and shape that’ll last a lifetime.
- Givenchy Antigona Bag: If you’ve been wanting a classic work bag, then this is your moment. Shop this timeless bag (that has top handles AND comes with a shoulder strap!) in black here for 20% off with code SELFCCE and in brown here for 21% off! I own this bag and absolutely love it and know that I’ll never sell it because it’ll always be a classic and sophisticated style.
- Givenchy Pandora Crossbody Bag: A modern take on the everyday crossbody bag. This style is perfect for a chic statement for everyday wear. I love the relaxed shape and soft grained leather because it’s another carry-all style that is so durable and will maintain its quality for years. Available in black and in blush pink!
- Saint Laurent Wristlet/Clutch: Use this on-the-go or when you don’t need a full purse OR use it as a clutch or evening bag for events, galas, weddings etc. You can really maximize cost-per-wear with this piece at this price!
- Saint Laurent Crossbody Bag: A perfect carry-all crossbody bag in black grained leather that will be durable and won’t show wear!
- Chloe Faye Wallet Bag: Such a great universal style and crossbody you can wear in any season.
- Chloe Mini Marcie Bag: Another amazing classic crossbody style by Chloe – you can’t go wrong with this for an everyday, year-round bag!
MY FAVORITE BLACK FRIDAY SALES TO SHOP
Have you already started your Black Friday shopping?! I’d love to see the deals you’ve found – don’t hesitate to share with me over on Insta! If not, I hope that this list and game plan is helpful so that you really save on your list of things to buy on Black Friday.
Which of these things to buy on Black Friday are you most excited about? Share in a comment below!