Fall is here! (Kind of?) Even if it’s not bundle-up-weather all day long, I’ll take the cooler temps for now. Fall is my favorite season because I love to layer up, cover up, boot up, bundle up…the list goes on. Each season I make a list of my must-haves that I can’t live without for that season or need to add to my wardrobe. And since I could easily get so carried away and share way more than 10 things I’d like, I’ve made myself narrow down my list of fall essentials!
TOP 10 FALL ESSENTIALS:
I thought long and hard about pieces I’d want to grab again and again all season long and the silhouettes that make me feel confident and very “fall.” You might have some of these fall essentials in your closet already or might want to add a few for the season! I can guarantee you’ll be able to mix and match the following and makes loads of fall looks you love.
Must-Have Fall Essentials
- Moody Floral Blouse:
If you’re wearing florals for fall make sure that they’re moody! Think deep, rich fall hues like plum, navy, burgundy, charcoal etc. A floral blouse is a very easy foundation to any look from work to play. You can layer it under a blazer, trench coat, leather jacket and more to add a very fresh fall touch to your look. Or just let the blouse speak for itself and pair it with your favorite pair of jeans. I ordered this one from Mango and love that it has a bit of metallic threading throughout. This more structured floral button down also made it into my cart since I like to go for a tailored look as well in the fall. Both will be guaranteed fall essentials in my wardrobe this year!
- Animal Print Everything:
- Corduroy Skirt
- Coatigan: Since the weather won’t require heavy layers or coats for a bit, the coatigan (cardigan meets coat) is the perfect weight. I love this one that I got from Mango – very cozy and easy to throw on. It definitely runs big, so I’d recommend sizing down. I got it in the XXS – XS!
- Patterned Tights:Somewhere, Lately is a blogger duo that I love to follow, and they have been in Paris this past week. Their outfits have been so gorgeous and have me so inspired! One of them was wearing these tights with a skirt and heels, and I knew I needed them. Yes I know they’re expensive, but I’m known to be a little extra from time to time 😉 Here’s another amazing pair with just as versatile a pattern for $11.
- Flare Jeans:What better to pair with a moody floral blouse than some flare jeans?! 70’s chic, baby! Veronica Beard had a pair of flares styled with a floral blouse baby-tucked in on one of their mannequins and man did it look good. Flare jeans are so flattering for lots of different body types and they really elongate your legs. This pair of black flares is on my wish list!
- A-Line Mini Dress:Every bit of my being wants to splurge and invest in an Ulla Johnson dress. But I stop myself each time because there are so many dresses out there that are inspired by her designs at a much better price point. Check out this plum floral fit-and-flare and this navy puff sleeve dress!
- Knee-High Boots:The whole midi/maxi dress and skirt with knee-high boots look was coming out last year but not as big time as this year! This is the look for fall. And how easy is that to put together?! I scored this pair (linking to where they’re available in more colors and sizes) of boots in the ShopBop sale this year and have been very pleased. Definitely go for a boot with a slouchy shaft so you can vary your look from more tailored to more relaxed depending on your dress/skirt/jeans. Also, the slouchy feature will give you room to fit the boots over jeans or thicker pants!
- Kitten Heel Bootie:I saw someone wearing ankle-length jeans, a sweater, blazer, and a pair of kitten heel booties. It was so effortlessly chic! The kitten heel is easy to walk around in and the pointy toe adds a bit of sass and elevation to the outfit. My eye is on this pair from J.Crew!
- Suede Loafers