The summer solstice can’t come soon enough! Whenever the temps near 85 degrees, I just want to be poolside with an iced tea in hand. So on days when it’s pouring down rain, I’ve been dreaming of warmer days and putting together my ultimate summer essentials wishlist!
My Must-Have Summer Style Picks
I’m loving all things linen, hot pink, powder blue, and any and all statement earrings…and more! I’ve broken down my summer essentials by category below – hope you enjoy 🙂
Summer Essentials: Tops
The other day I was getting ready to go to dinner with friends when I realized that I’m lacking in the “fun summer top” department! Here are a few tops that I think will help me fix that…
- As you know, I adore my neutrals, but there’s something about this coral off-the-shoulder top that I can’t pass up. I love how they’ve styled it with high-waisted blue jeans! So summery & versatile. (Use code ITSBEENAWHILE for $25 off your purchase of $100 or more!)
- Nothing screams summer more than gingham and a halter neckline! This top combines both! But I’m also dying over this puff-sleeve gingham blouse that would be perfect for work.
- It’s always smart to factor in an airy, peasant blouse to pair with white jeans/light wash denim/your go-to jean shorts etc. This blouse is gorgeous, and the violet floral pattern is so delicate with its watercolor-like details!
- For a classic summer staple, you can’t go wrong with a white linen button-down – love that this one is under $60.
- This white v-neck blouse could go with almost every summer outfit. The texture is luxe & SO soft. I love how it lays tucked in or not! I recommend sizing down in this top as it runs a bit bigger.
Summer Essentials: Bottoms
SHOP THIS CASUAL SUMMER LOOK:
- A pair of light wash denim is practically a must when it comes to summer essentials. Lately, I’ve been reaching for this pair of skinny jeans any chance I can get (see them styled again here)! The fit is so flattering which isn’t always the case with lighter-hued denim, especially in my experience with my more curvy body type. I recommend sizing down 1-2 sizes in these because they stretch out a lot. I’ve had to throw my pair in the dryer a couple of times to tighten them up a bit! But the way they loosen and conform to your body as you wear them is what makes them so extremely comfy to wear.
- When it comes to summer shorts, I lean more toward the modest, tailored end of the spectrum. But I’m not talking bermuda shorts! Those are safely in my 6th grade past 😉 I found two pairs of very flattering and classic options at Club Monaco for this season. They are an investment (the whole store *is* 25% off right now though) but finding a fit this flattering is rare and worth every penny for me! I went true to size (size 6) in both of these.
- When I do reach for jeans shorts, though, you better believe it’s a pair from Madewell. These are the best jean shorts ever…no joke (wrote them a whole love letter here). They’re so flattering and comfortable and that’s coming from someone who usually HATES wearing shorts.
Summer Essentials: Dresses
- This white Shoshanna midi dress is my new all-time fave. You really can style it so many ways from work to the weekend. It’s $135 when it used to be nearly $400!
- This shirtdress is so elegant and classic in its silhouette. It would make an instant summer closet staple to be worn so many ways. And it’s under $80!
- If you didn’t already know, I’m a big time Maxxinista. Last week, my mom found me this amazing, ruffled blue and white linen/cotton blend Rebecca Taylor midi dress at TJ Maxx that I’ll probably never take off. There are SO many amazing Rebecca Taylor dresses available there right now for so much less. (Like this floral midi, this black mini with lace detailing, or this darling ruffled hem shirtdress!)
- I’m going to refer to this dress as the do-it-all dress of the summer! You could wear it to summer weddings, lunch/dinner with pals, wedding/baby showers, you name it. The price is right with this one, and it even comes in my favorite powder blue!
Summer Essentials: Shoes
- The toe loop is all the rage for summer sandals this season. I just scored these flats (shown above) on sale in my favorite powder blue hue. (Here’s a similar version of these for less!)
- Next, these dainty snakeskin sandals could go with any and every summer look! I’m saving my pennies to splurge on them. (Here’s another similar version for less in a leopard print.)
- You might’ve seen these espadrilles on this Insta post, and, let me tell you, I’ve been wearing them constantly. They’re comfy enough to wear all day, go with just about anything, and the ankle tie is so flattering. Castaner is a top-notch, Spanish espadrille brand; each pair is at least $50 cheaper at this retailer (get 15% off as a new customer with code NEW15). I’m so in love with my pair that I want another ASAP. This neutral pair is on my wishlist! For sizing, read their guide and measure your foot for accuracy. I went with the 37, and it’s a perfect fit!
- I wear these platform slip-on espadrilles about 3 times a week to work. Especially on days when I’m heading to pilates mid-day or after work because they’re easy to wear with leggings and pop on & off! They’re available in tons of color options for under $60 here and here.
Summer Essentials: Accessories
- Like I mentioned earlier, statement earrings are my go-to right now. And there’s no better place to turn for affordable, cute, and lightweight statement earrings than Gresham Jewelry! Use code GJxASHLEY for 15% off your purchase!
- These bamboo and butterfly earrings have been a major hit around here! They’re seriously so lightweight (as are all of her earrings!) and can truly go with any outfit.
- How cool are these geo/square earrings?! I love how modern they are while also being a classic earring shape for everyday wear. They come in lots of colors – I have the ‘Grey’ color and am eyeing the pink next…
- This $28 pair makes such a statement with its simplicity! The white and gold are just so ideal for summertime.
- Rainbow is big time trending right now, and this pair of earrings can help you add in a subtle ROYGBIV flare to any look.
- I posted this $25 bag a while ago on ‘Dupe Deals’ on my Insta Stories! It is so darling and fits everything you need in your everyday bag. It also works as a pool or beach bag, and you don’t have to worry about it getting wet or dirty because you can just easily wipe it clean.
Summer Essentials: Swimsuits
Swimsuit (old, similar here)
After laying out at the pool with friends this weekend, I also realized I could use a few new summer swimsuits for the season! Here are a few that I fell in love with (all under $35-40!):
- For tanning purposes, I knew it would be good to add in a standard triangle bikini. Switched things up a bit with this one with the scalloped edges and bright red hue!
- I also loved the classic, tailored lines of this black top that I’ll pair with these high-waisted leopard print bottoms!
- The ribbed bathing suit is super in right now; I can barely find any in stock! This blush pink ribbed bikini (bottoms here) is a must-have.
- I’ve also got my eye on this Pucci-inspired bandeau bikini & this hot pink bandeau from Target!
- As far as coverups go, you can find me in an oversized linen button-down or this airy, zebra-print kaftan!
- These Valentino-inspired jelly flip flops also make for the ideal poolside flip flops – only $16! Size up one size!
If you loved these summer essentials, don’t miss this page on my SHOP tab where I’m updating it weekly with my new fave summer finds. But if you’re not quite ready to move into summer clothes quite yet, give my spring essentials under $100 post a read 🙂