There’s nothing I love more than bringing out my fall boots literally as soon as it’s September.
And now that it’s basically November, boots and booties are now becoming staples of our everyday wardrobes, yes? That’s why I decided to put together a list of the top 5 styles of fall boots that you should try to have in your wardrobe! Fall boots and booties can be an investment, so you want to make sure that you’re picking the styles that you can wear effortlessly with all of your outfits.
My Top 5 Most Versatile Fall Boots
- Over-the-knee boots: This may come as no surprise, but I think making an investment in a pair of over-the-knee boots is one of the best decisions you can make for your fall and winter wardrobe. I got my Stuart Weitzman Reserve boots last year during a major Labor Day sale and I’ve never regretted the purchase. Those boots are built to last and uphold their quality to make your investment worth it for many years. I also recommend looking on eBay for a pair! I just found a block-heeled pair that was really well-priced. It was a new pair that had been returned and potentially worn once, so that’s why they were discounted – win! I also always love looking to Marc Fisher for fall boots because he always makes great dupes. This pair would be a great option!
- Sock booties are perfect for wearing with your jeans that hang a little too long to hit above your boot. I like to wear skinny jeans over the top of these boots just to sleek up an outfit – see how I styled them in this post!
- Heeled booties: I really never thought I’d find a pair of booties that I could wear with skirts and dresses. I had seriously given up all hope until I found these boots. This pair won’t cut your leg in an unflattering way and give you borderline cankles. The way the shaft of the boot tapers in is so flattering. Now, I know this pair is an investment, but once you find a pair like this it’ll make it worth every penny. I got my pair 25% off, so I’d recommend keeping an eye out for this pair to go on sale again! I also adore this pointy-toed pair I discovered last season; they’re comfy and go with everything. I got them in two colors!
- Tall boots: There can sometimes be such a big focus on OTK boots when it comes to fall boots and we all forget about regular ole knee-high boots! But I love when I see boots like this styled; they’re especially perfect for wearing with dresses and skirts. But they also make the perfect addition to any fall outfit with jeans!
- Pointy-toe ankle booties: Fall boots like these are the perfect pair for everyday wear and especially for throwing on with jeans all the time!
Now how easy was that? I know shopping for fall boots can be overwhelming with so many different styles out there, so I’m hoping that this list can help you narrow things down.