About a month or so ago I was on an internet hunt for pom pom beach bags, but I just couldn’t find one for a reasonable price! That’s what led me to start digging around into how to make my OWN pom pom beach bag for so much cheaper. Follow along below to discover how you can make your own stylin’ bag for the beach this summer!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Time to Make: 1.5 hours
- Large and small pom pom makers – there will be clear directions on how to use these on the packaging!
- Hot glue gun
- Straw beach bag
- 2-3 different colors of yarn (or more if you’d like to make a rainbow of poms on your bag!)
- Scissors (sharp ones are best – no kiddie scissors 😉
- Take large or small (depending on which size you want) pom pom maker and begin to wrap yarn around it. I recommend wrapping it relatively thickly so that you can get a nice fluffy pom pom.
- Once you’ve finished wrapping yarn around the pom pom maker, take sharp scissors and cut around the pom pom maker. Use your thumbs and forefingers to hold onto the small pieces of yarn that are coming loose now!
- After you’ve cut all the way around the pom pom maker, take a longer piece of yarn and tie it tightly around the pom pom. This is when you’ll see the pom pom come to life!
- Tie a knot with the piece of yarn and trim the long ends. Trim around the pom pom to make everything even.
- Once you’ve made your desired amount of poms, heat up the hot glue gun and lay out the poms how you’d like them to sit on the bag!
- Glue on the poms, let it dry, and you’re ready for the beach!