If you’ve been following bloggers for quite some time or you’re just showing up on this ~scene~, I think it’s always helpful to know how you can shop from blogs pretty much like you can from any of your favorite websites! I’m going to break down all the different ways that you can shop from my blog AND from my social media. But, of course, I would love any and all feedback from YOU on how to make your experience on the blog the best that it can be or if there’s anything in particular that you’d like to see or shop!
– ON THE BLOG –
- From a blog post: When you come to the NWL home page and see my recent posts, have you noticed the “Shop the Post” carousels under each post?! Yes? Good! When you click on an item featured in one of these carousels, you will be taken to the site where you can look at or purchase the item(s) I’m wearing in my post. These carousels are also always at the end of every single blog post. So once you’re done reading the post or scrolling through the pics, then you’re still able to shop the items from the post from the carousel at the bottom!
- From my ‘Shops’: If you scroll up to the very top of my blog, you’ll see a tab that says SHOP. Underneath this tab, there are four different online boutiques, if you will, that you can shop from as well. I update these either weekly or daily with new items that I’ve added to my closet or sale pieces that are perfect for the season. This is a great place to look on the blog for seasonal pieces I’m loving or where I’ll put top items from major sales. Keep an eye out for the sale boutique for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! You can also shop all of my Instagram posts when you tap the ‘Shop My Instagram’ tab under SHOP.
- From my Newsletter (subscribe here): Once you subscribe to my newsletter, you’ll get an email when a new blog post is live on NWL! Um, best day ever for your inbox?! YES! So join the party and subscribe 🙂 In each email, you’ll see a ‘Shop the Post’ carousel again to shop or peruse the items featured in the blog post. From the email you also have the option to head to the blog and read the post right away! There are also links at the bottom of the email to some of my most recent posts if you missed one or see one that you’d like to check out.
Keep reading to see how you can use LIKEtoKNOW.it to shop from my Instagram, Pinterest, etc.!
– ON SOCIAL MEDIA –
I’m sure you’ve seen the words LIKEtoKNOW.it quite a bit over on good ole Instagram, especially in the captions of your fave bloggers’ posts. This is a good thing! LIKEtoKNOW.it is a free service that you can sign up for that’ll allow you to receive notifications with shopping details via email or phone notification (with the iPhone app, download it here) when you like a post on Instagram!
You read that right. You can like a post on Instagram and have the outfit or product details emailed to you immediately! OR, if you have an iPhone, you can download the app and when you like or screenshot a LIKEtoKNOW.it photo on Instagram, you’ll get the details almost instantly on your mobile app! Then you can shop right from your phone if you would like. Genius!
How will you know if it’s a post that you can shop with LIKEtoKNOW.it? There are a few things to look out for, mainly in the caption of the post.
A LIKEtoKNOW.it-enabled Instagram post will have the following in the caption:
- A link like this (which you can copy and paste and shop from as well): http://liketk.it/2rOqR
- ALSO, if you’re using the app, there will be a heart logo in the bottom right hand corner of each picture. This will let you know that you can screenshot the photo in order to shop it! But even if there isn’t a logo (some bloggers don’t use it on every pic), you will still be able to screenshot and shop that photo from your app.
And with the new app, you can also screenshot photos with the heart logo on Snapchat, Insta stories, or Pinterest!
I hope that this post has been helpful in guiding you on how to shop from my blog and how LIKEtoKNOW.it is such an amazing tool to shop from social media so easily! If you have any other questions or would like to see something in particular on the site to improve your shopping or overall experience, please email me (email@example.com) or leave a comment below! XOXO