My blog wouldn’t even exist if I hadn’t had the following sources of inspiration! Before ‘Collections’ on Instagram happened, I was (obvi) pinning away on Pinterest and screenshotting outfit/style inspo left and right and organizing them into albums on my phone. And as a Type A, list-making lover, it has been so nice to have more organization tools for my inspo as social media advances! I hope that this post helps you find new inspiration or new places to look for inspiration 🙂
MY SOURCES OF INSPIRATION:
- Other Bloggers: I’m sure this one is coming as a major shocker! I am constantly looking to the blogger-sphere for trend discovery and to find ways to style certain pieces. A lot of the time I head to other blogger’s sites to see what they’re posting about and find their opinions on certain items or pieces. Because of all of the inspiration I was getting from the bloggers I loved, I really started to shape my own personal style and hone in on exactly what’s truly me. Once I began to identify with specific style traits, I knew that I wanted to start a blog to start sharing my personal style and how I love to hunt down pieces online for better pieces. Hopefully NWL can be a source of inspiration for you 🙂 Some of my all-time favorites are:
- Margo and Me: I discovered Jenny Cippoletti’s blog about a year ago, and I was overwhelmed by how gorgeous she is and her blog in general. She got married at a chateau in FRANCE and looked like Audrey Hepburn the whole time…GOALS. I just love her delicately feminine style, elegant taste, editorial imagery. Also I love her bangs so much that I got them and had them for like 6 months, true story.
- Chronicles of Frivolity: I bet all my DFW gals know this one! Katey always has the most creative blog posts that always seem to speak to life or style-related things I’m dying to know about. Her Insta is also so fun and bright, and I love how she styles in animal prints and fun patterns. She also just had a baby who is so cute!!
- The Girl from Panama: I don’t know what it is but I think I take hair inspiration from bloggers the most! I am in love with Pam’s hair color and I’m currently in the process of adding in blonder highlights 😉 I think Pam posts the most clever blog posts because they’re about things you really want to read about when it comes to your style and shopping habits. Her Insta is gorgeous as well.
- Damsel In Dior: If anything, you HAVE to follow Jacey on Snapchat. She’s so funny, posts pics of her outfits that I always screenshot, and has a cuddly bulldog named Polly. Her site is SO my vibe: black and white with very minimalistic style inspiration. Her style is something that I aspire to because it’s so simple but always displays creativity and extremely good taste.
- Instagram: I’m not quite sure why it took me so long to discover ‘Collections’ on Insta but it is my new obsession. I now have multiple folders where I’m storing away pics that I love. I have one that’s inspiration for my profile aesthetic, outfit inspiration, and one just for items that I’d love to purchase!
- Pinterest: Here’s where the giveaway comes into play! I use Pinterest ALL the time for inspiration. I love that I can just type in a random piece of clothing and be flooded with inspiration for how to wear it. This is especially helpful as trends come out so that I can get a better idea for how I can incorporate trends into my wardrobe in a way that stays true to my personal style. OKAY, so the giveaway:
- My mom: The name of my blog is really attributed to my mama. She seriously can’t go anywhere without lipstick; we’ll be running late and she’ll hold us up by 3 extra minutes while she applies lipstick. Oy! But the name of the blog speaks to that love of always looking put together and making sure your style is shining through all the time. I can’t quite walk out the door if my outfit hasn’t been thought out from head to toe. And that comes from my mama. She is always inspiring me with outfit inspo she finds and encourages me to try new pieces or trends that I might not have every tried! I love when she can think of the perfect finishing touch to an outfit! So many elements of my personal style come from her inspiration (and the fact that she helped dress me when I was a child!). Who else takes style cues from their mom?!